The Google Cloud Storage (GCS) integration with Indicative is available for Enterprise customers only. If interested, please contact us. You are required to grant Indicative access to your GCS bucket that contains your data.
In order to perform the following steps, you must have administrative access within GCS.
If there are additional enrichments required, such as joining with user property tables or deriving custom user_ids, please contact us.
Adding a Data Source In Indicative
In Indicative, click on Settings and select Data Sources
Select New Data Source.
- Select Connect via Data Warehouse or Lake
- Select Google Cloud Storage as your data connection and Define your own schema and select Connect.
- You should see this Google Cloud Storage Overview screen. Click Next.
- For Source Format, select the file format of the data in your GCS.
- For Bucket Name, enter the name of the GCS bucket that Indicative should connect to.
- For File Path, enter the file path corresponding to the data you want to use in Indicative.
- Click Next.
- Log into your Google Console account.
- Navigate to the bucket that contains your data.
- Click on the Permissions tab.
- Cklick on Add.
- Add email@example.com to the New Members field
- Select the Storage Object Viewer role and click Save
- Events Field - Input the name of the field that should be used to derive your Indicative event names.
- Timestamp - Input the name of the timestamp field that should be used for querying in Indicative.
- Click Next.
For more information on User Identification (Aliasing), please refer to this article.
- If you choose to enable Aliasing:
- Unauthenticated ID - Input the field used to identify anonymous users. This is typically cookie-based.
- Authenticated ID - Input the field used to identify known users. This should be an internal ID that would never change for a user. We do not recommend using an email address as it is PII.
- I you choose to disable Aliasing, press Disabled:
Unauthenticated ID - Enter the field used to identify your users. All users must have a value for this field.
- Unauthenticated ID - Enter the field used to identify your users. All users must have a value for this field.
- Press Next.
- Select the Schedule Interval to adjust the frequency at which new data is available in Indicative.
- Set the Schedule Time for when the data should be extracted from your BigQuery environment. It is critical that 100% of the data is available by this time to avoid loading partial data.
- Select Save.
Waiting for Data
You're all set! A Solutions Engineer will begin working on your data and you will be notified via email when ready.
For additional advanced settings such as excluding certain events and properties, please refer to this page.
If you have any questions or concerns about the above Integration, please contact your Customer Support Manager, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.