Real-Time products, mParticle Audiences and Calculated Attributes, are metered on two dimensions:
The number of Real-Time Units, which is defined as the peak number of active Audiences AND active Calculated Attributes in a given month
- Note: We include 5 free Real-Time units
The number of events in the “Personalize Tier”
- Note: As per most UBP customer contracts, eventless batches (batches sent server-to-server that don’t contain any events, only containing user attributes) will be counted as Personalize tier events.
Here’s an example of calculating the number of Real-Time Units.
- In this example, for the month of January 2023, the peak number of active Real-Time Audiences is 9, as measured on January 14th, 2023.
- The peak number of active Calculated Attributes is 4, as measured on January 26th, 2023.
- We include five free Real-Time Units every month.
- Therefore, for the month of January 2023, the number of Real-Time Units for metering purposes is: 9 + 4 - 5 = 8.
For the second dimension, the reason we use the number of events in the “Personalize Tier” is because this is the subset of events, out of your entire set of events, that we will perform evaluations to compute these Real-Time products. You can optimize your Real-Time Product costs by “downtiering” events that are not used for criteria in your Audiences or Calculated Attributes.
To calculate the credit consumption for Real-Time Products, we simply multiply the number of Real-Time Units by the number of events in the “Personalize Tier”, and then by your contracted rate for Real-Time Products (priced per million events).