✓ Growth ✓ Enterprise
The Users tool returns a list of users who have either performed an event or are in a user segment. Each line in the visualization area represents a single user. Each user will be identified by their User ID (anonymous or known, see the Aliasing article for more information), along with each user's User Properties. For more information on how to create a Users query, see the Users: Getting Started article.
Click on any user in the Users chart to see their individual event stream. Clicking on the user, or the row containing the user's User Properties will direct you to a User Activity Stream.
The User Activity Stream contains the following components:
- A user profile displaying User Properties
- A visualized Timeline of the number of events a user has completed on a given day
- An activity stream displaying the events performed by the user, grouped by session
Click on a session to view the events performed in a chronological order.
Click into a specific event to view the event properties associated with the specific event.
Direct Link to Specific User Activity Timeline
Indicative users may directly access a specific user's Activity Timeline by appending the User ID to the end of this url in the following fashion: app.indicative.com/#/users/detail/USER_ID_HERE
An example link would be app.indicative.com/#/users/detail/6834fa-dfa12-4389.
Using this direct link would lead to that user's specific User Activity Timeline:
Pin Event Properties
You can pin additional fields to the expanded session view:
- See important event properties at a glance without having to expand each event
- Persist these properties across sessions
- Each person can choose their own items to pin
To pin an event property in the user activity timeline:
- Navigate to the Users page by clicking the green plus sign and select User Lookup by Event:
- Select an event and run the analysis:
Indicative displays all the users associated with that event:
- Click on a user to display event properties:
- Click on the Events (in this example, 80 Events), and for the event whose property you wish to pin, hover to the left of the label until you see the pin icon:
- Click the pin to pin that property.
- Now the property you pinned is displayed for every event:
To unpin a property, click the pin icon next to any of the pinned events to deselect it.
Note the following about event property pins:
- Pins are set at the user level and are persistent across sessions
- Pins are set at the project level and do not persist between projects
- Pins are limited to 5 per user per project
- All Indicative users across all plans should have access to pin, as long as they have access to the Users tool
- Indicative doesn’t support event-specific pinning. A pin applies to all qualified events.