If you have licenses for both mParticle Audiences and Indicative, you can create an audience in mParticle from Indicative and keep them in sync.
To create an audience in mParticle from an Indicative user segment:
- Create a user segment in Indicative, and connect the audience to an output in mParticle.
- Verify your audience in Indicative.
To create an mParticle audience and sync it with a user segment, you must have access to mParticle Audiences and permission to create an audience. If your organization is not currently an mParticle Audiences customer, you can request Early Access to this feature.
- The Segment Activation section will be disabled in these cases:
- Your org doesn’t have Segment Activation configured with the mParticle CDP as an Indicative feed. Use the instructions in Set Up User Segmentation Activation to configure it.
- You don't have an mParticle CDP account. Contact your admin to request access.
- If you have access to mParticle but don’t have permission to create an audience, you’ll see the option to automatically create an audience is disabled and can’t be enabled. Contact your admin to request access.
Create the audience as described in the mParticle documentation.
Step 1. Create a user segment in Indicative
To send data to mParticle from Indicative:
- Use your favorite method to start creating a user segment:
- From an Indicative funnel, click on the user count bar at the bottom of the funnel definition and select Create User Segment:
- Navigate to Manage Data > User Segments and click Create. This shortcut is useful if you are already sure of the definition and don’t need to test the analysis results.
- Use any of the other methods available to create a user segment.
- Enter information to define your new user segment:
- To create the audience in mParticle, click On under Profile Sync:
- Choose one or more workspaces in this account, where this audience will be available.
- The checkbox is automatically selected.
Note: If you don’t leave the checkbox selected, you’ll have to create the audience as described in the mParticle documentation.
- Click Sync & Go to Connect Audience. If you have pop-ups blocked, allow them for this page.
- The real-time audience page opens in mParticle with the Connect tab displayed:
- Click a listed output, or click Connect Output to select an output and configuration.
You have completed all the steps needed in mParticle.
Step 2. Verify that data is flowing
Use the method described in Verify Your Audience Connection to ensure that data is flowing as expected.